Calming Medicinal Herbs
Many calming and natural medicinal herbs are used as nature’s way of soothing nerves. These plants are highly absorbable by the body, therefore, very effective in reducing the anxiety and tension that comes with stress.
Natural Tension Tamers
Most noteworthy, listed below are only a few of the many natural tension tamers we offer at Boston Harbor Tea.
From Germany, chamomile eases sleep, relaxes the muscles in the body. Some people have benefit in the digestive tract by relieving spasms, abdominal pain, gas and bloating.
Linden Leaf and Flower
This herb from Bulgaria reduces internal stress, muscle tension, and relieves anxiety. It also has a calming effect on the heart to ease heart palpitations.
Origin, Figi, Kava Kava has a calming effect, eases heart palpitations, and relaxes muscles. Furthermore, it relieves anxiety, tension and emotional stress. *Note: It can be intoxicating in high doses.
Medicinal Herbs from South America and Mexico
– helps to soothe and strengthen the brain and nervous system which calms the nerves, eases tension headaches, and gives you that feeling of well-being.
– builds resistance to stress. It contains B vitamins (B1, B2, B3, and B5) and vitamin C – the anti-stress team. Pantothenic acid (B5) stimulates the adrenal glands which regulate the production of hormones including adrenaline and cortisone. Yerba Mate is a stimulant and even though it helps with stress, you do not want to blend it with these other calming herbs.
– grown in India and Mexico, conditions and tones the nerves and relieves pain. Being an overall “nerve conditioner”, it is good for all nervous disorders including nervous tension, irritability, anxiety, agitation, stress induced disorders, tension headaches, and exhaustion. It is an anti-spasmodic that relieves muscle spasms such as twitching, nervous coughs, and hyperactivity.
Medicinal Herbs from USA
– strengthens and tones the nervous system alleviating tension, anxiety, and the jitters. Additionally, hysteria, nervous exhaustion, depression and panic are also reduced by skullcap. Customers say this herb eases nervous tension and internal stress that comes with withdrawal from drugs, alcohol, nicotine, and tranquilizers. It also helps in aiding sleep.
– works as a tranquilizer and a sleep aid. It relieves pain, tension, and the effects of strain. It quiets and soothes the brain and nervous system. *Note: this should not be used with sleep medications and can cause hallucinations in high doses